Last Updated: Aug 3, 2015
- Central Intelligence Agency – The World Factbook
Data on countries, territories, and sovereignties, including government, economy, and military information. Updated bi-weekly online.
Columbia International Affairs Online - A comprehensive source for theory and research in international affairs. Publishes a wide range of scholarship (1991 - present) that includes working papers from university research institutes, occasional papers series from NGOs, conference proceedings, and policy briefs.
- Europa World Plus
Europa World Plus is the online version of the Europa World Year Book and the nine-volume Europa Regional Surveys of the World series. First published in 1926, the year book is renowned as one of the world's leading reference works, covering political and economic information in more than 250 countries and territories
- International Monetary Fund [IMF] Data Mapper
An interactive world map illustrating key economic data compiled by the IMF and OECD.
- International Monetary Fund [IMF] World Economic Outlook
Online and print (HC51 .I54)
- Jane’s Sentinel Country Risk Assessments
Provide information about nations’ political, security, and military affairs. Each region is organized by country profiles, and includes analysis of the latest trends and events; detailed analyses of internal and external threats; and overviews of armed forces, security, and foreign forces.
- Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development [OECD] Economic Outlook
Also print (HC240 .O745)
- U.S. Army War College Library Regional Study Resources
- United Nations [UN] Human Development Reports
- United Nations [UN] Statistics Division
- United Nations [UN] World Economic and Social Survey
Online and print (HC59 .U6)
The statistics available at UNdata are produced by United Nations Statistics and Population Divisions as well as other United Nations agencies. UNdata also gives access to National Statistical Offices through the related links when making keyword searches of country names. You may also see the list of sources by going to the Wiki.
- United Nations [UN] - National Statistical Organizations
Contains links to individual nations' organizations.
- U.S. Census Bureau - International Statistical Agencies
National statistical agencies can be good sources of detailed data. Use this site to find them online.
- World Trade Organization Statistics
Contains different types of trade and tariff statistics.
- The World Bank Open Data Catalog
The U.S. Army War College Library will assist you.