Access to most library databases is limited to current USAWC students, faculty, and staff. Licensing agreements prevent the U.S. Army War College Library from providing articles or access to our databases to those outside our institution.
Offsite Access to Databases and Articles
Please see the information page here.
Military and Government Resources
Search the USAWC
We have developed two manuals to assist you in searching our Digital Collections:
To access the full power of our digital collections search, click here.
Description of Collections
In addition to the Library Databases on the left side of this page, the U.S. Army War College also holds a large collection of current books and monographs on the study of strategic leadership, landpower, and military ethics.
Other resources available to researchers include:
- Personal papers including those of Nelson Miles, Tasker Bliss, Matthew B. Ridgway, Eric Shinseki, J. Lawton Collins, Benjamin O. Davis, Sr., Margaret Craighill, and most post-World War II U.S. Army Chiefs of Staff
- Diaries, letters, and photographs of American soldiers from the Mexican-American War onward.
- Over 250 general officer oral history transcripts
- Veteran surveys from the Spanish-American War to the Cold War
- Curricular archives of the U.S. Army War College from 1907 onward
- Over half a million books supporting the development of strategic leaders, the study of landpower, and military history
- Rare book collection, including titles from the original War Department Library
- 52 series of U.S. Army doctrinal, training, and administrative publications
- Unit history collection